Friday 6 December 2013

Cooper Craft sale this weekend!

Alright, so now that I've finally gotten some new products up, here's where to find me this weekend.

 Cat and mouse standup figures

I like two day craft sales. I think it's because I get one day where I get to just show up and wait for people to come and see me. No packing the van, no setting up, just a bit of rearrangement of the table (if necessary) and on to business. At the same time, it's a nice opportunity to get to know some of the other vendors that you're sharing space with.

Regardless of my sentimentality, I will be at the Cooper Craft sale this weekend, both Saturday (today) and Sunday, from 10am to 4pm both days.

Horse and buggy welcome sign

For those not familiar with Cooper, it's a pretty small place. Nestled away about 10 minutes North of Madoc on Cooper Road, it's just a little hamlet (I've no idea how many people claim to live there).

The sale will be at the old schoolhouse. If you're not sure where that is, just follow the signs.

"Faith", "Hope", and "Love", ask about custom names and words

To get to Cooper from Hwy 7, turn North on Cooper Road (one road East of Hwy 62, the same road that the Madoc Fairgrounds, TimBEr Mart and Kingdom Hall are on) and drive North about 10 minutes. Follow the signs, I'm assured there will be many.
From Hwy 62, if you're feeling intrepid, you can also take Bannockburn road into Cooper, but beware, the road is unpaved (most of it anyway) and it's a bit less gentle than taking Hwy 7 and Cooper Road. If you're not a local, you should probably just take the first set of directions.

Triceratops rocking toy

I've heard only good reviews about this sale: excellent vendors, good turnout and even great food. There will be food served on the premises for those interested. Proceeds go to the Women's Institute and all the good casuses they support.

2 comments:

  1. You've attended quite a few craft fairs this year. Can you advise me which ones have worked best for you ? I've been to quite a few but am struggling to find good markets, Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jean. I'll be honest, I'm still pretty new to the craft show scene myself. Of the sales I've been to this year, the QCHS Marketplace was hands down the biggest in terms of off the table sales. Most of the sales I've been to have been between "OK" and "decent" though. I am continually hearing about much bigger sales within a reasonable distance, but what's a good venue for one vendor may not work well for another.

    I strongly recommend local farmer's markets, especially during the early months (May and June). They are a great place to meet other vendors and see where they find their products do well. After that, live and learn, as they say.

    ReplyDelete