Tuesday 8 October 2013

Dear International Customers,

For those who haven't read my profile, I live in Canada, and my little woodshop, as you might expect, is also in Canada. Recently, it has come to my attention that I have recently had more visits from international locations than from Canadians. Canadians, by all means pay attention, but my international friends, this is specifically for you.

My largest market is a local one. People in East central Ontario, especially in Hastings County, are my primary customers, and this makes sense, really. After all, they get the most opportunity to see my work in person and the best chances to have a one on one consultation about their custom projects.


However, I do, and have, completed orders for those who are somewhat abroad. I am able to ship products all over Canada, into the USA and all around the world. While it might not be convenient for you to have me make you large furniture pieces if you live in the Ukraine, or Australia, you can still order any of the smaller products that I make and get them tailored to your tastes.


I have, in fact, had many Canadian customers who have sent some of my products around the world. Bookmarks fit in an envelope, key chains are small and I have had at least one Canadian flag make it to Australia. Certain other items can be made and sent as a "kit" with some assembly required. This reduces the base price of the item as well as the shipping cost (since it's smaller). One example of this would be the wooden bowls listed a while back (and yes, instructions are included).


I know that shipping is very pricey, but I charge shipping at cost, so that you don't have to pay an extra $15 for shipping if it only costs $8 to ship.



As for my Canadian friends, this goes double for you. I look for the most cost effective way to ship your products and try to save you additional expenses wherever possible while still taking care to protect your order.

As for my American friends; since your postal service sucks up more money than the Canadian one, I can often ship to you for less than I can my Canadian customers.

So just because you live in Lebanon, or France, doesn't mean you can't own some of my creations for yourself. Feel free to contact me and have a custom wood product from Canada shipped to your home!


Please note that I am not responsible for additional state related fees such as duty and taxes. Please check the import laws of your country before ordering to ensure that you will not incur fees or fines.

No comments:

Post a Comment