Wednesday 6 November 2013

Rocking Triceratops Ride On Toy

Ride on toys have always been popular, and with the Christmas season fast approaching, they certainly make an excellent choice for toddlers and small children. I've been wanting to get around to some for a while now, but what to make? What style to follow? Maple Ridge Creations doesn't always go a different path from what's been done before, but as far as I know, this is perfectly unique. 


Based on the same design as our triceratops pull toy and puzzle, this is a very solid and sturdy ride on toy. Constructed from 1 1/2" spruce, the main body consists of a center section which includes the head and central horn, with additional body pieces and head pieces with side horns on each side. The legs are additional parts as well, with the tail being part of the main central piece. Trust me, this thing is solid and not coming apart any time soon.


The handle is designed to resemble reins and is constructed from 1" x 1 1/2" spruce with 3/4" dowel for the handle itself. The entire toy has been left unstained, unpainted and unfinished, but those are all available as options for extra fees.


Durable, attractive and child approved, my children have played with it a bit while it's been under construction and have enjoyed it tremendously. More designs are sure to follow. Email me with suggestions for new ride on toys or with ideas for names (no...we're not calling this one "Sarah").


I recommend this as a pick up order (and shudder at what the shipping would be). See my previous post to see where I'll be over the next month or email me to arrange a visit at the shop. 

Like this, +1 it, share it and keep sending in those custom orders!

No comments:

Post a Comment