Thursday 4 December 2014

Nativity Scenes

So apparently, it's December. I'm sure that means the other eleven months of the year have already gone by, but I'm sure there's been an abridgement somewhere. 

The bafflement of my sense of season notwithstanding, December usually gets us thinking about Christmas and all the various things related thereto. Someday I might decide to carve a turkey out of wood, but until then I'll leave Christmas dinner to the professionals. However, there are some areas I might be able to help out with. 

For most of us, the thought of Christmas conjures images of Christmas decorations, and of course one of the most traditional (and for some, essential) decorations is the nativity scene. 


Unfortunately, I don't have pictures of all of my nativity scenes available, but hopefully I can remedy that shortly. I also have a set with 17 pieces which can be arranged however you like. I should also mention that the scenes shown here have been photographed before finish was applied to reduce glare in the pictures.


The top scene is of shepherds kneeling in worship. The text below reads "Good will to men". There is an accompanying scene featuring wise men approaching from the left which reads "Peace on earth". Both can be displayed independently or with others are part of a set.

The middle scene shows Mary and Joseph kneeling over the infant Christ in a manger. There is another Mary and Joseph scene showing the three of them travelling with Mary holding Jesus while riding a donkey.


All told I've done five different scenes as well as the larger moveable set. As pictures become available of the others I will try to update, but I wanted to show some of the scenes I've done before we got too far into the festive season.

All are available for order in a variety of colours. Prices shown are for individual scenes. Bundled scenes will receive discounts. For more info contact me at mapleridgecreations@gmail.com. You can also see some of my work on the St. John's Anglican Church Facebook page here. I thought about donating but since one of my customers told me he was going to, I opted not to.

No comments:

Post a Comment