Monday 29 July 2013

Boxes!!!

I've made a number of boxes in the shop recently. Below are just a few samples of what i've done, which is but a small sample of what I can do. 


 This is an inlay box with an image of a dolphin inlaid in clay and baked into the box top. This could easily be almost any image or a custom name or word.


I still remember seeing a small sliding top box similar to this when I was a little boy. Don't think i've seen one since actually...at least until I made this one.  The body of the box is 3/4" pine with 1/4" BB plywood for the top and bottom.


So what do you do with the pieces of 2" lumber left over after cutting out toys? Well, that's up to you, but I've been making lots of mine into random shaped boxes. I have a slowly growing collection of these made from scraps.

Same as the above box only showing it closed instead of open.

As always, customization is encouraged. Send me your plans and ideas and I can make them a reality for you. Giving someone special some jewellery as a gift? Why not give it in style with a custom, handmade box?

Also make great keepsake pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment