Wednesday 31 July 2013

Over the Sink Shelf

Another idea from Steve Good, I had to try this one out. 

The shelf has a wide base and is designed to have the shelf part offset a bit to allow it to sit flush against a bathroom mirror or wall. The top sits high enough off the counter top that you can still easily access the faucet and taps. 


I went with a hummingbird here, but there's really almost no limit to the designs or details that could be incorporated.

Construction is simple pine with Minwax Honey Maple gel stain. I love the colour, which the photos don't do justice, but wish it was available in a regular type of stain (gel can be a bit to work with sometimes).

Different materials can always be used according to the customers preferences. I've recently been using some spalted maple for some tabletops (pics to come soon) that would look great in a shelf like this.


If you're interested in one of these for yourself or as a gift just email me the details and I'll respond with some ideas and maybe sketches. Let's put one of these in your bathroom!

Also available for kitchens. Ask me about other custom shelving options.

No comments:

Post a Comment