Wednesday 24 July 2013

Rearing Stallion

Ok, so right off the start...this is NOT my own design. This is from Steve Good over at http://scrollsawworkshop.blogspot.ca/. Steve does a TON of good work, and I am happy to support him. That said, if you see anything over there that you like...give us a shout...or since we're on the internet, just email us :)


These are a very popular item and are admired by people of all ages. The horse stands around 10" with the base. The ones I've made so far have been either red, black or brown. 

I should note, however, that with rare exception, I don't paint my products. I do stain wood to keep down the costs of buying exotic and expensive wood species, but I only paint a few items and this isn't one of them. Woodgrain is a beautiful thing to admire and a terrible thing to hide.

Feel free to send us your personal ideas or colour preferences for this or other products. 

No comments:

Post a Comment