Monday 16 September 2013

Bookends

Well, after a decent weekend at the Madoc Fair I'm finally back to updating the blog again. First of all I want to send out my thanks to the hard working people of the Madoc Agricultural Society and the Fair Board who did a great job putting together the fair this year. Good job guys and I hope to be back next year!

It's been far too long since I've put up new products, and that doesn't mean i haven't been making any! So without further ado...

These bookends are from some designs by Steve Good, but I hope I've done them justice. 

They are 100% pine, and please don't think that they are limited to what's below. These are the ones I've made so far, but I hope to make many more and some of them may even have your design on them!


The butterfly has been stained with Watco Cherry Danish oil. Maybe it's just me, but something about the combination of "cherry" and "Danish" makes me a bit hungry...I'm better now.

I did a count while drilling the pilot holes for the wings of this set, and I'm pretty sure I counted 31 holes per wing. Good thing they turned out nice!


The cool thing about the weiner dog is that when you put book in, it gets even longer!
Stained with Minwax Early American and also available as a custom job in almost any kind of dog you want. Warning: Teacup poodles may be larger than the actual dog.


Every time I move it occurs to me that I wish I had a few strong men around to help move my books (I have a modest and diverse library). Now at least I have a pair of strong men to at least hold up a few of them. Stained Circa 1850 Walnut Danish oil.

These would be a great gift for the bookhound or bibliophile on your list this Christmas, and the best part is you can add a little "personal touch" to make it just right for that person. Contact me to discuss customization of this or any other item you might see on the blog or on display if you see me in person.

Be sure to watch the blog every day this week, there should be lots to post and I hope to keep up with at least 1 post per day. Don't forget to keep sending in your Christmas orders! It's closer than you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment