Sunday 8 September 2013

My Humble Apologies...

...For not updating more over the last few weeks.

Things have been hectic for the past few weeks, with fairs, special events and the regular farmer's markets taking place, as well as custom orders and regular sales both steadily climbing. Throw a dash of family life in there and there's not a ton of space for blogging left over.

In fact things have been so busy that not only have I not been posting as many items as I would like, I'm not even getting pics taken of them as often as I should. So I must apologise for falling behind on this, especially to those of you who actually check out the blog for gift and shopping ideas.

This week will be a busy one...again. The Madoc Fair is next weekend (mark it on your calendars, Sept. 13-15) and I will be working like mad to catch up on some backorders, restocking regular items, doing some custom orders and finally trying to kick out some new items in time for the fair.

However, during all of this madness (that I love) I will try to get some pics taken of all the stuff I haven't snapped yet, and hopefully I can manage a post a day as I was not too long ago. I have been trying, and still am, to make this blog an integral part of the Maple Ridge Creations customer interaction experience. However, I need your help.

Some of you have been following the blog for some time, and some of you have been following the business even longer and I am asking for your help in a couple of ways:

1. Be honest in your feedback. I like glowing reviews; I think everyone does; but in order for me yo continue to grow I need to hear the bad along with the good. I think I notice most of my mistakes, but feedback is only worthwhile if it's honest and both broad and specific .

2. Spread the word. Add the blog to your RSS feed, +1 us on google+, like us on facebook, share posts everywhere and remember that you do not have to be local to the Madoc area to buy or order things. So when someone is looking for toys: tell them about us. When someone is having a baby shower, wedding shower, anniversary, birthday, retirement party, or housewarming party: think Maple Ridge Creations. And please don't think that we're limited to just what's in stock. some of our best items have come about because someone decided to think outside the box.

One last thing you can do: If you are planning on ordering something for Christmas, please (please, please) don't wait until the last minute to do so. Things are already getting busy for Christmas and while I am trying to stay on top of them, if you wait until Dec. 20th to order something for your nephew or grand-daughter, I can't promise it will get there on time even if I can get it made within an hour. please try to get your Christmas orders in by the end of October. Obviously, if they come later i will still do my best, and I'd like to stay busy to the end, but less stress is good for all of us I think :) and earlier is...well...just better.

thanks to all of you who have helped make the business a success so far. We are hoping for greater things by the end of the year and have lots of plans for new products in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment