Monday 23 September 2013

"Lucky" Horseshoes

So after yet another hare-brained week I think we've finally got things fairly straightened out with computers and internet connectivity. Hopefully this will be a post filled week showcasing lots of new stuff from the past 3 weeks or so. 

Before I go further into the post, I'd like to announce that I will be attending the Roseneath Fair this coming weekend. Roseneath is a pretty little town but a little off the beaten path. It might be worth finding though, if only to go to the fair and see one of the last wooden carousels around (reputedly build in the early 1900's). Of all the fair's I've been to this year, this is the closest to the Durham/Toronto area, so any of you from those areas might have a bit of fun in the country if you take the time to make the trip up. I'l be parked outside somewhere in my little tent booth. Now, onward...

Speaking of fairs (see how I segued into that?) these were originally made up for the Madoc fair a couple weekends ago. While it's nothing new for folks to turn horseshoes upside down for good luck, I think it's safe to say that these add a bit of a new dimension to that somewhat aged premise. 

These aren't bent out of pig iron or sweet steel, just solid pine, but hopefully they won't have to stand up to the rigours of being trampled by horses either. 


The "Lucky" cowboy is surrounded by stars on his bucking bronco and is stained (I think) Minwax Early American. The horseshoe has "hammer" or "T" ends and the font is (I'm pretty sure) Cooper Black.


The "Lucky" horse has nail holes cut into the shoe, stained Circa 1850 Walnut Danish oil and has "L" shaped ends and a basic sans serif font that I'm not entirely sure of just right now.

As always, I encourage you to feel free to "order off the menu" so to speak. Almost any word could be cut into the bottom of one of the horseshoes, and various images could be placed between the "arms" of one of the horseshoes. In short, you could order a one of a kind, custom gift for someone, whether they're a horse lover, country lover or just a plain old lover of neat wooden curios.

Be sure to keep an eye on the blog this week for lots more updates. Don't forget about our month long clock special, and right now I'm booking in Christmas/Craft sales in various locations, so if you'd like to have me in your area or happen to know of a sale that you think would be worthwhile for me to attend, please email me the relevant info. I may also soon be starting a referral/benefits program to run until Christmas, but that's still in the planning stages. That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment