Thursday 12 September 2013

Madoc Fair Weekend!...and more apologies...



Alright, I'm sorry. Is that better?

I know I said I'd have some new pics of products up this week, and I had all the best intentions. However, I also had intentions of trying to serious improve my inventory of both existing and new products in time for...



The Madoc Fair!
Which means a few things. First, since I was crazy busy putting in 16 hour days in my shop this week (layouts, cutting, sanding, staining, finishing, etc.) I didn't get anything posted.



Second, this is great news because it means when (if) you come to the fair you can see the new stuff before anyone who watches the blog does.



Third, a few notes on things to watch for next week when I actually get some stuff posted. I DID get pics taken tonight, so I won't sell anything and then have nothing to show off for future sales.
Christmas ornaments have officially started. Not as many as hoped, but more than I have gotten done in the past few weeks. Some nice ones in BB ply and some really nice 3D cut pieces made from solid walnut with a hand rubbed oil finish on them. They look great. I hope to get a bunch more made in the upcoming weeks in walnut, cherry and maple, plus whatever else I can scrounge up.



Otherwise there's a whole bunch of free standing accent pieces and some wall hangers to watch for. Going to be posting some new (to the blog) toys, hopefully next week, and there are plans for some new toys which I'm very excited about getting to work on, but you'll have to wait to find out what they are.



Lots going on in the shop. August was a good month for us and we're hoping September will be a lot better as Maple Ridge Creations keeps gathering steam. Thank you to all who have helped out either by ordering, purchasing or just sharing the blog and liking the facebook page. My little venture is nothing without my customers and supporters.



Finally, it's almost 2am here right now and I have only just come out of the shop. Time for a quick shower and then bed. But I hope to see at least a few of you at the fair over the weekend. Stop by and say hi!

No comments:

Post a Comment