Thursday 31 October 2013

Canadian Shape Puzzle

I will be away at a craft sale in Stirling, to be held at the Lions Club (above the arena) for the next couple of days, so I wanted to get this up tonight. 

We've been wanting to get something like this done for a while, but I often don't have time for completely new designs and my wife has three small children to take care of while I'm slaving away in the shop. That said, she got a chance to make this up the other day and I finally got it cut today. 


Our Canadian shape puzzle features six wilderness shapes that speak somewhat to the Canadian wilds. A Canada goose in flight, majestic beaver, moose, howling wolf, grizzly bear and maple leaf. The puzzle is constructed of two layers of 1/4" BB plywood. The top layer has the pieces cut out and the bottom layer has 3/4" holes behind each piece. Big enough to get a finger in, too big to get little fingers stuck.


Everything is sanded nice and smooth but no finishes have been used. No chemicals used except the wood glue (non-toxic) that holds the two layers together. A great art project would be to decorate the pieces and background in your own distinctive way.


As a bonus, all of the pieces can remain standing, so when a child outgrows the puzzle, the pieces could be used in other projects (or passed on to other children...hey it's your puzzle, you do what you like with it!)
The puzzle will be retailing for $15 CDN.

A quick reminder that the clock special is over at midnight tonight. To qualify for discounts make sure to email me before 12 am EST. Thanks to all who have participated in my first clock event.

Since no one has bothered to write a 411.ca review for me...I'll sweeten the pot a bit. Write a review for Maple Ridge Creations at 411.ca and email me telling me you've done it, and once it's verified I will give you $10 off your next purchase of $20 or more. This offer is likewise only good until midnight. That means that as of now you have about 2 hours, so you'd better hurry!

No comments:

Post a Comment