Tuesday 22 October 2013

Write a Review and Win! ....something...

So it's been a while since I got a post up. I have a hard enough time getting these done when I only have woodworking to contend with, but last week we had some company over for a few days and, well, sorry to say that putting up a post wasn't my biggest priority.

Before I go any further, I want to remind everyone about my special on clocks until the end of the month. You have one week left to take advantage of my 5% off any clock offer. Some have expressed disappointment about the prices on some of my clocks so I'll address that here in brief.
I don't do $20 clocks. The reason for that is that the clock inserts (the part with the motor and hands and stuff that actually tells time) cost me around $10 each to buy from a wholesaler. I don't get them from Michael's or Lee Valley because my source is more cost efficient and the product is the same. So a $20 clock would pretty much just be a plan board with a hole for the insert. Since you probably don't want that...
Most of my clocks fall in the $40-$60 range. If you do a search for "custom wooden clocks" you'll find that more than reasonable. Typically that involves pine or BB ply construction to keep costs down, but if you like maple, oak, red cedar, butternut, cherry or mahogany (or something else) I can probably do that for you but the price will reflect those materials (padauk isn't easy to come by in central Ontario...pity).
The advantage to doing a sale like is is that I am able to lower my prices a bit more by ordering more clock inserts at once and getting a bigger discount. To those who've already taken advantage, thank you for your support. To anyone looking for a great Christmas gift, contact me by the end of the month, 'cause November 1st is too late!

Now, as to the title of today's post:
I recently signed up with 411.ca for some advertising. The thing is, ads look better with reviews and so far I have none. 411 has a way to get reviews, but I thought rather than soliciting for online reviews from people who may have never seen my stuff, I would instead put an offer out to my readers and customers. Additionally, everyone likes to get stuff, so here goes:

Anyone who writes a review for Maple Ridge Creations on 411.ca regarding my toys, home decor items, or custom woodworking services within the next week will be eligible for a $5 discount on their next order of $20 or more (before shipping and handling costs). And yes, you can combine this with the clock offer to save 5% and $5 on the same purchase. Here's how to do it.

First find my ad on 411.ca (I hope the link works) here http://411.ca/business/profile/9599747?qid=1382460680.251&source=search&rank=2 or go to 411.ca and search for Maple Ridge Creations.

Next write a review and say something nice. Ideally this means you bought something from me or at least seen a display of my products somewhere.

Send me an email at mapleridgecreations@gmail.com with your name and contact information and a link to the ad showing your review.

The next time you make an order over $20 I will deduct $5 from the total price. But you need to write the ad by the end of next week in order to get the discount. With Christmas rapidly approaching, this seems a nice way to help you out while helping me as well!

Hopefully I will have some new pics up by the end of the day. Working on some custom projects right now and I'd like to show a few of them off.

No comments:

Post a Comment