Wednesday 23 October 2013

Work in Progress: Giant Giraffe Puzzle - Updated: Now with spots!

I've been mentioning some custom orders lately, so I thought I'd actually show some pics. This one has been on the table for a while and has just gotten underway this week. Hopefully it will be done by the end of the week and ready for pickup by Saturday. 


The giraffe stands 32" tall, is made from 2" pine and is free standing.


At this point the sanding is almost done and the next step will be staining.


The pieces all come apart (as a puzzle should) and fit snugly together again.



The legs have been left solid to provide better support in an upright position. 

I will try to update this later today or tomorrow once the stain has been applied. Stay tooned for more!

Update: Stained with stain!


Last night I got the first coat of stain on to create the base colour. Once that dried I applied (very carefully) the second colour to form the spots.

Now to finish the spots on the other side and do the same to the other giraffe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment