Friday 4 October 2013

Wormy Soft Maple Hall Table

This has been finished for a while but I'm just getting around to posting it now. The final piece in my "Rustic" Wormy Soft Maple table set. See other posts for the coffee table and side table. 


Since I've gone into detail in those other posts about construction, and since this one has the same materials and colours, I will forgo that description for now.


I've never understood exactly what to call small tables like this one? "Hall Table" implies it goes in a hallway, but it could just as easily fit behind a couch or chair as a place to put a drink or book or, well, whatever you like.

"Occasional Table" always makes me giggle a little; "What is it when it's NOT a table?" "Is it like a Superman thing, where it's only a table when it needs to be but it has a secret identity when it's not needed?"


I am currently working on some plans for new furniture and furniture sets. As always, contact me with your ideas and desires for custom furniture or other wood crafted items. Walnut, beech, maple, oak and red cedar are just a few options for wood and there are almost limitless options for your custom furniture.

No comments:

Post a Comment