Friday 9 August 2013

Mantle Clock

I'm always looking for new areas to branch out into, and the idea of small clocks has appealed to me for a while now. 

This little guy has a 2 3/4" clock face, is cut from solid 3/4" pine and stained walnut with Circa 1850 Danish Oil. The pattern I have to credit to Steve Good. 


Overall I was pretty happy with the way this came out. In particular I love the way the Danish oil hit the wood grain and made these really cool streaks across the wood.

And that's part of the reason I like stain over paint. Rather than cover up the wood, it brings out the wood. I can only hope to get this effect on another project sometime.


This particular clock is still in my possession, but I can't say for how long. First come, first sold. Of course others can and will be made, but no promises I can make them look like this.

Expect to see more clocks showing up in the next little while and as usual, if you have an idea for a clock that you'd like, contact me and we'll try to make it happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment