Saturday 17 August 2013

Puzzles

The wooden puzzle is comfortably the domain of the scroll saw, and I admit to finding them fun to make. I have a few patterns I have cut, but really any pattern or silhouette can be made into a puzzle. 


This was posted earlier this week as part of a custom order. Based on a honeybee, I had no pattern beforehand, but quickly came up with one for the pull toy which accompanied the puzzle as part of the order. Then based on the pull toy design I cut this out.


A lion (which you no doubt already knew). So far all the wooden puzzles I have cut have been made from 3/4" pine and have been able to stand on their own when assembled. Please note: they don't stand up on their own, but once you stand them up they remain standing until something lays them down again.


Another profile of the lion.

The honeybee disassembled.

I have done some other puzzles but don't have pics of them to show at the moment. The options are virtually limitless. If you have an idea to enrich the life and mind of a young child (or anyone else) send me your idea and I'll get you the puzzle you want. Why limit yourself to the small selection of a store when it's just as easy (if not easier) to have me make you the one you want, instead of just settling for the one available on the shelf?

No comments:

Post a Comment