Friday 30 August 2013

Marmora Fall Fair this weekend

No pictures, so most of you probably won't get much past this part :)

Just kidding of course, I know you're all the highly literate type; hence you're spending you time looking at blogs...which you found through facebook...HEY....it's still reading, right?

Anywho...this weekend is Labour Day weekend here in Canada, which means it's time for the Marmora Fall Fair again. Same weekend every year, since longer than I can remember.

I mention this for a couple reasons:

First off, I like to support local events in whatever ways I can. Especially when they aren't being done with my tax dollars for a cause I don't support. Since I don't live in Marmora, nothing they do is with my tax dollars, and since the fair is to support...umm...the fair (?)...and fairs are awesome, I'm pretty down with that.

Secondly, fairs are awesome. Especially to residents of small towns. It's typically the only chance most of us get to ride a ferris wheel for the whole year. Plus you get to check out local farmers produce and livestock, see some sights, enjoy live music and hang out with your buds at the shooting gallery in the midway. Like i said, awesome!

Thirdly, you get to check out some local vendors, most of whom probably don't have storefronts. Sure there are the fair jumping vendors who cover the province every year following agricultural fairs around and peddling their wares, but there's always a few locals that you might only see in public once a year, then they go back under their rock and prepare for next year.

Which brings me to my real point: Vainglorious, self-aggrandising promotion. That is to say, the reason i mention the Marmora fair is that I will be there. The obvious implication of which is that you should come and see me.

This might seem a bit self centered, and it is. After all, I am a businessman and I only get money from voluntary transactions of goods and services. You coming to the fair means you get to enjoy all the splendours of points one and two, and check out my wares and see what I have in stock, and maybe bounce some ideas off of me regarding custom wood projects for your house, cottage, workplace or look into original ideas for gifts.

I know some of you won't be able to make it, and I don't blame you, some of you live on the other side of the planet! But for those of you who get a chance, stop on by, take an afternoon or so to enjoy the sights, smells and tastes of the fair, and visit with some of the vendors. And if you're new to town or don't come often, stop by the farmer's market at the park on Hwy 7 and tell them Don sent you

The Marmora Fall Fair runs from Saturday morning through to Monday afternoon. Demolition derby is Saturday night. For more info visit http://www.marmorafair.org/fair.html.

See you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment