Monday 12 August 2013

Spalted Coffee Table

Ok, so since everyone wants to see it and since you've all been nice today, consider this a bonus post for Sunday (even though it's 1/8th Monday already!)

The long awaited coffee table matching the wormy soft maple side table from a week or so back. 


I'll actually keep the details to a minimum. The construction is similar to the side table, spruce body, stained Minwax Early American. Solid wood top, wormy soft maple, finished all over with multiple coats of Interior Diamond Gloss Varathane.


I was (and am) very happy with how this turned out. The pictures cannot capture the inherent beauty of the maple. Beautiful spalting and a captivating quilting (or curling) pattern. The bottom pic best captures the quilting pattern.


It is a little more reddish than the pic shows as well.


I don't expect this piece to sit around for long. Contact me for details regarding purchase. I will say I'm cheaper than Ikea and if you buy this with the side table you'll save considerably.


As always, custom work available for your furniture. Maybe it's a small table like this or a large dining room table or a family sized picnic table. Maybe you like this spalted maple, or you'd prefer oak or walnut or elm, or maybe you'd like a basic, inexpensive table made from pine, spruce or hemlock. Contact me to see what I can make for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment